Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Plans

"Suffice to say we're on our own with this one," Malek muttered to the group around the table.

"Well, we could take some guards and throw them at the lich while we attack," Yrmus countered.

"You really have no idea what you're talking about," the Prince spit toward him. "This is a creature that mentally dominated myself, a priestess and a magician within seconds... before we could effectively act.  Besides, I think there's been enough innocent blood shed, and you're comment, even if in jest, is repulsive."

Malek pushed from the table and leaned back.  "Well, what's your plan then?"

"My plan," the Prince said "was to slip closely and slide one of these up its ass."  He fingered one of the two swords given to him. "I'd have done it too by now if Ariya hadn't dealt me a nearly mortal wound."

"Yes, how's that coming? "Yrmus smiled. "Hair growing?  Feeling a strong desire for raw meat, blood, that sort of thing?"

The Prince didn't spare him a look. "If I do, you'll be the first to know, I promise. Back on subject, a party this size will make too much noise... the possibility of a surprise attack is out the window."

"If your friends are under some sort of mental control, then we might have to face them as well as Xis," Malek mused. "What we need to do is break that hold over them.  Together, all of us might be able to take him.  Some casualities, perhaps.  But we might take him."  He studied the Prince. "Do you remember anything about your enslavement to him?"

The Prince sighed and leaned back. "Fragments.  That's all.  Impressions, more like it, like a dream you know you had but can't conjure back up.  It's really rather persuasive, I can tell you that."

"Alright,"Malek continued. "What if we could break that hold over Arbiddance and Qovakrisstia?"

"How?"  the Prince asked.

"I think I might know someone who could do it, but the price would be unusual..."

No comments:

Post a Comment